Saturday, December 24, 2005

Playlist 21-12-05

OK I'm a bit late with the playlist. I had good intentions but work and the lead up to Christmas got the better of me. Quite a bit of African guitar music, as well as new material from former PIL bass player Jah Wobble. Not quite sure how I feel about this release yet though it does have some instantly likable tracks on it. I do however love the new Afro Celt release and I'm sure this will get quite a bit of airplay on the show over the next few weeks.I seem to be listening to more and more African music, something I haven't done for a long time. There is so much talent and musical diversity available coming out of the African nation that it's hard to keep up. Agan I have to say thanks to Calbash Music for allowing me access to their catalog.The diversity of sound available via this online retailer is second to none.

Afro Celt Sound System- Anatomic- CD Anatomic

Smadj- Vogue- CD Take It & Drive

Bouba Sacko- Tiramakan (calabashmusic.com)

Ali Farka Toure / Ry Cooder - Gomni - CD Talking Timbuktu

Boubacar Traore- CD Je Chanterai Pour Toi

Djelimady Tounkara- Amary Ndaou- CD Sigui

Jah Wobble- Buddha of Compassion- CD Mu

Nitin Sawhney- Falling- CD Human

Nitin Sawhney ID

Transglobal Underground – Kese Kese remix

Bally Sagoo- Kese Kese remix

(Both from DH Cheb I Sabbah’s Maha Maya-Shri Durga Remixed)

Afro Celt Sound System- Mojave- CD Anatomic